Next call was postponed to November 2023.
Exact deadline to be scheduled.
ESA Spark Funding in the Czech Republic
The goal of the financing initiative Spark Funding is to support and accelerate technology transfer from space to non-space sector, along with product development process acceleration.
- Spark Funding serves as initial funding in order to foster initial adaptation towards space technology commercialization and market launch.
- The challenge is to transfer space technologies such as sensors, materials, electronics (all technology areas are possible) to another industry.
- Spark Funding supports mainly SMEs and start-ups, as well as research institutions and universities.
- The financing may cover costs of the prototyping phase or market launch.
- Successful applicants will receive 75 000 EUR with no further co-financing required, and they must complete the transfer in 12 months.
- Multiple Open Calls are launched all around the year.
Find all the important information in the “Invitation to apply” document and others below:
The application starts by submitting “Application Template” (see below) to SparkFunding@tc.cz. Should you have any questions, use this email to contact us.
It is highly recommended to consult your project with us prior applying.
See below further information and documentation:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Who is eligible to apply for ESA Spark Funding?
Is co-funding required by the applicant?
Can a consortium of entities apply?
Are there specific rules in term of the applicant’s suppliers and partners for ESA Spark Funding project?
Can ESA Spark Funding be simlultaneously combined with ESA BIC support?
Who is Product Developer and who is Space Technology Provider?
What is understood as “space technology and/or space assets/service”?
What is meant by “non-space markets”?
What should be addressed in the Socio Economic Impact?
How long is the ESA Spark Funding project expected to last?
What must be submitted in order to successfully apply for the ESA Spark Funding CZ?
How does the evaluation process look like? What is the Tender Evaluation Board?
Who are the members of the TOB and TEB?
If a project is selected, how long does it take to sign the funding contract?
What is the funding payment plan?
What can the funding be used for? Which costs are eligible? Does it cover the VAT?
Can the funding be spent outside of CZ?
Is the financial incentive De Minimis relevant?
How many open calls are held annually?
I do not know if my business case is suitable for ESA Spark Funding CZ?
Technology Centre Prague
Ve Struhach 1076/27
160 00 Prague 6